The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Mary's Breakthrough and the MTA Madness on my Buns of Steel

Mood: Furious. I WALKED all the way from 117th street to 42nd street to get to work today. And guess what, turns out I have the day off. So yes, I walked for an hour and 15 mins for nothing. Damn you MTA strikers! Damn you to hell! But I hope ya'll get your paper and have a blessed Christmas and stuff.

Mode: Continuing to hate on the MTA. So I wasted a perfectly cute outift today. I am selling you urban preppy style today. I have on this really cute Tommy Hilfiger long sleeve dress shirt. No seriously....I know you are thinking to yourself that it has been years and years since Tommy made anything that was hot but I swear to god or allah or buddha (who ever you serve) that I am wearing the hell out of this shirt. The shirt almosts looks like its Burberry because it is plaid ( I love the plaids). It is basically a pink dress shirt but the plaid pattern has patterns of brown, yellow and white. I love pink and I love brown. I am wearing jeans and the same Banana Republic sneakers I told you about yesterday. I have to be comfortable cause I walked 60 blocks. And I topped it off with a hot hot hot full-zipper sweater. The zipper is black and grey, just giving your urban down and the sleeves have yellow and green. It fits me very snug and I feel kinda hot tamale right now.
Music of the Day: "Seven Days in Sunny June" by Jamiroquai. I have mentioned this song before but I love to play it cause it always makes me feel like I am the one sexy Black boy in an Abercrombie and Fitch campaign. The song just makes me want to play rugby in a $200 shirt and khaki pants.
Motif/Question of the day: How do you imagine your wedding will be? I am asking cause Elton John (the world's most famous queen) just got married in the same place Prince Charles and Camilla got married. Isn't that hot? To have your wedding the same place as royalty.

Today's gossip is so so so short. I know I have been so long winded for the past few days I think you deserve some quick snippets. I swear to you, I have searched all over the internet today and this is the only gossip for today that should concern you.

Mary, quite contrary


Mary J. Blige — who isn't talking to her sister/manager after she fired her — probably won't be sending Christmas cards to her many family members this year. But if she did, this is what they would say:

"They'll be mad at me, but it's the truth — they were angry, hateful, jealous, ignorant, prideful people. My aunts were very, very mean people. I didn't want to be like that," she told London's Guardian.
And don't get her started on Mom.

"It might be that she's living vicariously through me, but I believe she's gotten real bitter about it," says Blige.

"It's probably why we've never really got along. Even as a child, she was a little rough on me, because on top of my father leaving, I was singing as a child, and it was what she wanted but she didn't use it. She didn't have the courage to use it." And you thought your family was tense during the holidays.

SIDEBAR: So Mary's breakthrough is ever since I got off drugs and got a man I have realized my sister and her husband are haters and my momma is a jealous beotch? I don't need them kinda breakthroughs in my life. I like to pretend I am a Cosby kid and my family is perfect.


Kathy Griffin (aka my 2nd favorite comedian after Sandra Bernhard) gets axed!

Just a week before the holiday, Harbert informed Griffin's lawyer her services would no longer be needed at E! To make it worse, she found out she'd been axed only because her lawyer called asking "what the deal was" with the upcoming Golden Globes.

When Griffin's people called Harbert, "Apparently Ted told my reps that the E! red carpet is a puzzle and I am a piece of the puzzle, which is a wonderful puzzle piece, but I don't fit this particular puzzle and that when I see the puzzle, I will get it. I am a piece that doesn't understand only because they can't tell me who will take over.

"They kept saying, 'When you see the new puzzle, you will know it is not a personal insult.' I was like, are you kidding? I got canned, bottom line. I can't even be like Star Jones and be like, 'Oh, I have a book tour coming up!' "

Jones briefly worked with Griffin at E! covering the red carpet events, but was criticized for being too much of a suck-up to the stars. When her contract wasn't renewed, Jones claimed it was because she needed to publicize her book, "Shine," out next month.


According to Roger Friedman of FoxNews.com, Michael Jackson is now in default on a $2.2 million loan which he secured last April with his family's estate in Encino, California. Jackson missed his December payment, which had a grace period up until the 10th of the month. For the moment, Thomas W. Smotrich and his group, who provided the singer with the loan, will not foreclose, but the option is theirs should they change their minds.

Us Weekly reports that Gwen Stefani is pregnant. Sources tell the magazine that the No Doubt singer, 36, and her husband, Institute singer Gavin Rossdale, 38, expect their first child in June. "We are delighted!" Rossdale's father, Douglas, told Us in an interview from his home in London

Posted by Texas Tiger in NYC :: 3:48 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------