The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Friday, May 12, 2006

Sapphires and Risks

Mood: Open and exposed. Snappy and snarky.
Mojo: Diesel Jeans. Kenneth Cole black loafers (which I think are the perfect causal Friday accessory for men). A tight-fitted vintage shirt from “le château.” It’s purple/beige with a floral print. For the summer.
Melodic Moment: Lady T. La Dona. The Queen of Funk. My poet. My inspiration. My vocalized outlet. From the first night I heard her croon “If I were a bell” I knew we had a connection. As years passed and experiences unfolded and hearts were broken and mended, I realized you gave voice to my every emotion. Every feeling. Every touch. Every quiver. From wherever you are. Wherever you were. And everywhere you have been. Venice Harlem. New Orleans. Los Angeles. You tap into my soul. And with Sapphire you continue to speak to me and inspire me creatively.

So vintage. Yet so fresh. God has created you for me to love. Your voice and your song. Your poetry and your prose. If I were bell I would ring from the mountains of California and the green waters of Venice and underneath the lights of Paris and on the sidewalks of Harlem. For you.
Theatrical Moment: My friend wrote a haiku that best expresses the ebb and flow or what is racing through my soul right now.

“How can you know me
When my words you never hear
Listen and find love”


STEPPING OUT AND EMBRACING THE RISK

“Nothing would be done at all, if a man waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault with it.”- Cardinal Newman

I am taking risks in my friendships and my career. Being authentic and bold and powerful. Sharing and giving. Loving and trusting. It’s all new for me.
But you can only be arrogant and selfish for so long before you realize it ain’t that cute. For a grown man to think of the world only as it revolves around him.

What would the world be like if we each saw it world as a forum for contribution. What more can I give. What can I do. And what can I add and bring to the value of others. What I have come to see is that by giving to others and loving and trusting, you are already included. How selfish is it to only think about yourself and create a world in which that behavior is justified.

Posted by Texas Tiger in NYC :: 1:40 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------