The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Lil Kim released, Dallas on cocaine, and me going to da club

Mood: Single, sexy and free...like the old Mya joint. I am heading out shortly to meet some new friends at one of my favorite trendy spots in Manhattan, down in the meatpacking district (where Samantha lived on "Sex and the City" for the non-New Yorkers). I am going dancing with my new partners Guavo and Lynn. We are the United Colors of Benetton on the dance floor. I am a skinny black guy from Texas, Guavo is a tall, hairy native of Spain and Lynn is a quiet Jewish girl from Minnesota who likes to "drop it like its hot."

I think Madonna said it best, "Music makes the people come together." Our trio bonded instantly over tribal beats at Mr. Black one evening. I met Lynn one night when I was dancing on top of a table. I'd kicked my leg a little too high in the air so she helped me make my dismount. Once Guavo joined our party we completey cleared the dance floor...save a few self-absorbed individuals who refused to admit defeat. But we had no equals on the floor. Sometimes you have to be able to take control of the situation and walk away to prevent further embarassment.


Mode: I am wearing a red and grey pima cotton polo from Banana Republic and some Old Navy overalls. Yes. I said it. Mark my words - I am persoanlly bringing overalls back. I am committing to raising money for the United Negro College Fund and bringing overalls back. What can I count on you for?

Melody: "I didn't mean to turn you on" by Cherelle. This song received a new breath of life when Mariah Carey remade it for the "Glitter" soundtrack...she shouldn't have. Not that Cherelle was a vocal power house or anything but, you just can't remake everything. No matter how many notes you can screech out unnecessarrily. But I am bumping iTunes and sending out messages throughout the coffeeshop as I am clearly turning on some the patrons....though not intentionally. But I think the next mochachino is on the house.




WEEKEND NEWS:

Lil Kim comes home today. The Brooklyn mistress of the mic has released three-months early for good behavior and so she could finally visit a doctor who knows what to do with silicone. The prison clinic can only go so far.



Hit-making producer Dallas Austin arrest for "suspected" cocaine traffiking overseas - Click here for full story

T.I. to appear on new albums from Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Young Joc - Click here

Amid rumors of battling depression, Eminem makes suprise appearance at the BET Awards - Click here

Foxy Brown, Beyonce, Sauce Money reunite for Jay-Z's "Reasonable Doubt" concert - Click here

Foxy Brown has her hearing back - Click here


Jennifer Hudson's dreams coming true with album and movie dropping this year - Click here


Posted by Texas Tiger in NYC :: 6:21 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------