The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Sunday, September 18, 2005

My Emmy CommenTerry Part 1

E!
Why do you have 25 cohosts? If you didn’t think Star Jones-Reynolds and Kathy Griffin could hold it down, I can assure this new format is a mess!

They have Kathy and Star on the red carpet with other E! correspondents who are all a collective YAWN. And one lady who I won't even name is talking over Kathy's jokes. Kathy is clearly irritated and I can tell she was notified about the format of the show via email...but after she had signed the contract. This is more painful to watch than an Al Reynolds photo shoot.

TV GUIDE
Joan Rivers is hilarious. I would love a Joan vs. Kathy match-up on the red carpet.
Favorite Joke so far:
On Hurricane Trina
I don't know what they are going to have a harder time drying out, New Orleans or Diana Ross.

Back to E! (I am trying to watch both)
Kathy - I love you but let's talk. I think we need about four shots of Botox under each eye.

Star - We wanted to see your body slimmer, not your face. What's going on? But you look FABULOUS.

And I am not enjoying Kathy Griffin. She is one of my favorite comedians and this E! host is ruining her jokes. I hate this woman! Who is she?

They even have Carson from Queer Eye on here. I really don't like hearing men comment all night on women's clothing.

But I will add my town cents, as I feel appropriate.

Teri Hatcher in J. Bendel - its a purple, strapless gown giving me a vintage feel.

Star Jones just brought out her Maltese in a wicker basket carrying case. She is so classy. I love her, despite the nasty thoughts I have about her marriage.

Ok...I am so bored.....mind you, my commenterry is live as well so I am trying to get through these boring ass chatter breaks and interviews.

Ok...flashbulb! I think the third woman, who is BORING, is there as a buffer between Star and Kathy. Star Jones tried to have it written in Kathy's contract that she cannot say anything negative about her for a year. I don't think Kathy signed that particular contract. And what I notice is that Star tosses it back to this third woman and has not even acknowledged that Kathy is there. It’s kinda uncoordinated. Star Jones is talking OVER all of them.

Posted by Texas Tiger in NYC :: 3:42 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------