The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Tyra, Rufus, and other musings

The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Mood: Sullen and Gloomy
Music: Jamiroquai "Little L" Why does it have to be like this? I can never tell. You make me love you with a litte L.
Food: Baked Chicken and Pasta and Cherry Vanilla Haagen-Dazs

Last night I went to go see my friend Stephanie (http://www.stephanietodd.com) perform at this club in the Village. She is SUCH a great singer and writer and I could listen to her and her guitar all night....much unlike that second album of bullcrap that India.Arie put out.

Then my date and I went to the only soulfood kitchen in the Village called the Pink Tea Cup (doesn't the name just have you gagging?). So anyway, I ordered a hamburger and fries cause that is my favorite food combination. The french fries were freshly cut and the hamburger was fresh too since it take 35 mins but it was worth the wait. The shop is decorated with pics of famous and formerly-famous celebrites like Oprah, Mary J Blige and Me'lissa Morgan. I think I want to go back and try the fried chicken and pork chops.

Stef makes me want to learn to play the guitar. She was up there singing about some man who hurt her in a song called So Stupid and I could so relate. And she had some inspirational gems too. Excellent artist.

I do not like Michelle Willaims in the new GAPS ads. I know this came out of nowhere but it just hit me. ANd ya'll know how I feel about John Legend and his supposed-talent so you knwo where I stand on him messing up MY favorite Isley Brother's song "Hello It's Me."

Did I tell you that two weeks ago I went to a karoke bar and sung Ain't Nobody by Rufus. I swear to God I was the bomb. I was up there rifting and ad-libbing and went I got to the end I made the DJ vamp. Vamp. vamp. Just like my role model Jackee Washington during the comeback tour and the Live From Compton album.

My comment (one word) on the new Tyra Bank's Show - yawn!.


Posted by Texas Tiger in NYC :: 10:47 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------