The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Friday, September 23, 2005

The Texas Tiger Chronicles

Mood: Pre-Fabulous ( I have an appointment with my barber so I will be feeling Hot Tamale after I get a fade)
Music - What About Love? (Celie and SHug Avery from the Color Purple Musical)
Munchies: left over stewed turkey wings, collard greens, dressing and mashed potatoes that I made last night. Yea....I ate it for breakfast
Gear: Skin-tight Armani exchange shirt, Rock Republic Jeans (I think 7 jeans are getting played out) and black leater penny-loafers w/o the pennies


Not to go all O'marion on you but please pray for my family as they have all had to evacuate Houston.

I will be watching this season's Apprentice with extra diligence as one of my former mentors from undergrad is a contestant.

The ONLY black guy on this year is Randall, and he is a guy I have always admire. He is a Rhodes Scholar, has a BA from MIT and a PhD from Rutgers. In addition to that, he runs his own counsulting firm. Don't you wish you had his resume? I always wanted to be a Rhodes Scholar till I found out that consider involvment in athletic activities as a requirement or at least as a strong motivating facotr in selection....so I knew I have fucked myself out of being a Rhodes Scholar cause I can;t even play dodge ball much less a popular sport. I was thinking maybe I could supplement my lack of athleticism with community involvement but donating last season's fashion to Goodwill didn;t seem to rank high on the list of community involvement. I guess I have some work to do.

But anyway, good luck Randall and don't go all Kwame on us and fall back while them "other" people runa ll over you. The Black girl on there is pretty...but listen, is Banana Republic a sponsor the Apprentice fashion or it that just the store of choice for young people on the corporate come up? Cause I swear to God every woman (every season) is rocking B.Republic hard from the accessories to the suits.

ANTM - I love the lesbian on ANTM. I hope she wins. She has pretty eyes.

The Color Purple comes to Broadway - I got a free CD sampler from Broadway on Broadway. My song of the moment is the lesbian love ballad between Shug Avery and Celie called "What About Love" And how fabulous was it that they had two butch women perform this lesbo-anthem on Broadway in front of a family-oriented audience of white folks. Forget Katrina, does Barbara Bush know how these Black folks are cutting up in Times Square?

CDs to be on ALERT for:

Leela James - SHe is a neo-soul princess from Detroit who now lives in Harlem.

Lil Kim - I have always been a fan every since I first heard her say "I used to be scared of the d...." You know the rest :-)

Jamiroquai - I just love his style and music sensibility. I am excited about his new project.

In other unrelated random news I have two dates this weekend. We will see how they go and I feel that one of my dates has me on the "B" list and I don't do the "B" list under any circumstance. I wouldn;t even let a celebrity B-list me much less some mofo on the come up....allegedly.




Posted by Texas Tiger in NYC :: 9:19 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------